Re: [Evolution] window redraws when switching between folders

Ettore Perazzoli wrote:

I've been using Evolution on and off for months now, and recently
upgraded to 0.6. I was wondering - when switching between folders of the
same type, like from a mail folder to a mail folder, why do several
components redraw themselves? The toolbar is obviously still the same
toolbar, yet it redraws. The menu bar even loses the "Message" and
"Folder" menus for a split second, then puts them back. The search
widgets and display areas for the folder contents and message contents
are also redrawn. I realize this is a polish-type bug, but all the
flicker is a little annoying. :-) Seems like an easy thing to check that
the folder types are the same before doing all the widget updates...

The problem is the way Bonobo handles the Toolbar when the current
component is switched...  Because of the way it's implemented, it's hard
to work around this.  :-/

Maybe this can be optimized in the future.

But if you're staying within the mail component, you're not switching
components, right? That was my complaint. Like I just click from one
mail folder to another and everything redraws. Can't you just _not_
notify bonobo / the toolbar / whatever that you're changing components,
when you click on a folder that's the same type as the current
component? Am I being unclear, or am I misunderstanding your use of the
word "component?" Sorry if I'm just being dense. :-)

Thanks again,
Eric