[Evolution] Import (manually) existing mail, addresses and appointments?

Attempting to use: evolution 0.6

Previously using:
GnomeCard 1.2.0
Gnome Calendar 1.2.0
Balsa 1.0pre4

Evolution gets better and better. The latest release is looking really good.

However, one thing that stops me from using evolution full time is that I can't figure out how to import my
existing mail folders, my address book and my calendar. I use the original GNOME Address Book and Calendar
extensively (GNOME Address Book plugs nicely into Balsa) and I have loads of addresses, appointments,
timetables, birthdays and anniversaries etc. entered. I haven't really expected sophisticated import/export
filters to be made available until evolution moves out of the preview stage, but I can't figure out how to
import addresses and appointments manually at all. I really can't retype all that information again---it was
bad enough when I switched from windows.

My mail is all in standard mbox files in ~/Mail, but there is an enormous number of folders in quite a
complex hierarchy. Given that many people seem to be using evolution full time now, there must be sane
solutions for this. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance,

Darren

D. D. Brierton       Department of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh
ddb cogsci ed ac uk                    http://www.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~ddb