[Evolution] IMAP on Exchange

Dear all,

I thought that my situation could be a good testing ground for Evolution.
Teaching in a college on the path to 'distant learning' I have more than
thousand messages on an Exchange server in almost hundred folders for one
aspect of work and run another (POP) server with several hundred messages
coming in, at times per week.
Evolution works on the POP-server but somehow is completely dead on the
Exchange. Currently I use StarOffice as IMAP-client on the Exchange, which
is tedious and slow, but works. Evolution is silent. After configuration I
tested the setup and it gave me 'setup successful'. And that's it.
Tried several times. Nothing, no activity. No single message ever to be
seen. Everything empty. The same installation configured for the POP-server
works, however, without problems. Any ideas??

Kind regards,

Uwe