Re: [Evolution] locale not supporting by C library

I checked as much as I can and know, I reinstalled, and still get the
same message.
In KDE environment, except for Evolution I 've absolutely no locale
problems and can work read, work in different languages;

1.*************
What's the meaning of this message in Terminal:

    "Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library "  ?

It means you built gtk without internationalization support (meaning
you're not on Linux and you didn't point it to a copy of libintl when
you configured).

-- Dan
I reconfigure with different options and no success.
2.************
I don't think it is related to gettext (i.e. libintl), or GTK+.

I think it is because the libc locale information hasn't been created
on your machine, or you are using the wrong locale setting (e.g. it
just happened to me when I used "LANG=fr" instead of "LANG=fr_FR").
Or possibly your locale isn't actually supported by the libc on your
machine. What do you have LANG set to?

The glibc info docs mention using localedef to create the i18n info:

  "For example, to set up a German locale with name `de_DE', simply
   issue the command `localedef -i de_DE -f ISO-8859-1 de_DE'.

But I think most recent distributions ship with all locale info setup,
so that probably isn't the problem.

Damon
Lang is set to fr_FR with frenc keypad, iso-8859-1 latin1.,
3*******************
Had the same problem with the locales thing.. Not sure what actually
caused the
 problem but after re-installing Evolution as well as Perl since it was
giving a
 more detailed but same sorts error the error was still there. I did a
little
checking on my system to discover that the locale directory was in two
places and
the "en" subs were missing from the one at '/usr/X11R6/share/locale' so
I just coppied
them into that directory as well and bingo error messages all gone. I am
gussing that
some part of the Evolution install redirects the system to look there
for locals instead
of '/usr/share/locale/'. I know it's a kludge fix and I'm sure there is
a better way
without having to have duplicate directories but it did work for me

Brian
I did it but it didn't work. I still get the same messaga.
Thanks to all for contributions
Robert