Re: [Evolution] filter?

Hello Douglas,
Yes it is. If you go to Settings --> Mail Filters, you can set up filter
rules there. The default is to filter incoming email, and from there you
can Add rules with the add button. It can be a bit confusing though at
first. If you want to filter mailing lists for instance, you want the
filter to be: "if all criteria met Recipients contains
evolution helixcode com" for example. To filter mail from someone, then
it would be: "if all criteria met Sender contains <email address>". Then
to have Evolution move the mail to a folder, the "Then" arguement should
be "Copy to Folder Evolution" for example. When you push the Folder
button, you have an option to create a new one. The next time you check
mail, all new mail that falls under those rules will automatically be
moved to those folders.

Good Luck,
Garrett Mickelson
--

Garrett Mickelson
Linux Systems Engineer

www.penguincomputing.com

    Hello,
    Is it possible to filter mail after it has been received?

That was not my question. My question was after I have set up my filters. How do you filter mail already in
your inbox?

Douglas F. Elznic
<dfelznic @ syr.edu>

Ralph Nader