Re: [Evolution] Is there a news reader planned?

 But I thought that was the point of using components.  Evolution does a good
 job of using the gnome-pim for it's calendar portion...I don't see why it
 couldn't do as good a job with pan.  Am I missing something?

Bzzzt :-)

Evolution does not use gnome-pim for its calendar part.  It took the
original Gnomecal sources and modified them to fit into the Evolution
framework.  The original code base is the same, but has diverged a lot
to its current state.

[The fact that everything you see inside the Evolution shell is a
component is completely orthogonal.]

  Federico