RE: [Evolution] wish-list (MS-Exchange support != MAPI support)

Well, I think someone mentioned on this list the other day that
the HP mail server (OpenMail?  Or whatever it's called.) has
replacement DLLs that Outlook users can install on their system
instead of the normal MAPI DLLs, so Outlook makes whatever

Yes, it is called OpenMail. No, they are not replacement DLLs,
it is just MAPI driver for OpenMail server, just like there is a
driver for Exchange server.

normal MAPI calls to the DLLs, but is actually talking to the HP
mail server thing.  Maybe this could be done for Outlook clients
accessing the Evolution server?  I have no idea how much work

There is no Evolution server.

Then again, maybe someone could get Wine to run the normal MAPI
DLLs from a Windows box and somehow access them from the
Evolution client?  I think someone's got WinPrinters working

It might be possible to get a winelib application which uses MAPI
DLLs maybe.