Re: [Evolution] Extending Evolution

Accessing the backends is pretty easy.  Evolution is done using a
model/view separation between the data and the GUI.  The calendar
and the addressbook data are handled by the Wombat server; mail
handling may be moved to the server in the future.  The GUI parts
live in their own processes and do not do any "smart" handling of
the data; they just present the user with whatever they get from the
Wombat server.

        I had a few thoughts... I'm monkeying around with the
gnome-pilot conduits, getting them poked and peeked into the code, and I
was wondering, how far off, or how difficult would it be to have the
following:

        1. A "plugin" or link/conduit to AnyDay.com

        2. A conduit for Plucker

        3. MALsync as part of the calendaring server

        ... and so on.

        Just my 0.2 cents.

David A. Desrosiers
pilot-link maintainer