[Evolution] Evolution won't build... can't find Bonobo even though I have it installed.

I downloaded all the required libraries and evolution from
helixcode.com.  I installed everything including Bonobo (which is the
first thing it complains about) but configure still complains that it
can't find bonobo:

--------------
checking for db_185.h... yes
checking for ber_get_tag in -llber... yes
checking for ldap_open in -lldap... yes
checking for GnomePrint libraries >= 0.13... found
checking for Bonobo >= 0.10... configure: error: Bonobo 0.10 is required
to compile Evolution
--------------

I quick analysis reveals (within configure):

--------------------
echo $ac_n "checking for Bonobo >= 0.10""... $ac_c" 1>&6
echo "configure:5639: checking for Bonobo >= 0.10" >&5
if gnome-config --libs bonobo > /dev/null 2>&1; then
        vers=`gnome-config --modversion bonobo`
        case $vers
        in
            bonobo-0.?) bonobo_ok=false ;;
            *) bonobo_ok=true ;;
        esac
else
        bonobo_ok=false
fi

if $bonobo_ok; then
        echo "$ac_t""$vers found" 1>&6
else
        { echo "configure: error: Bonobo 0.10 is required to compile Evolution"
1>&2; exit 1; }
fi
--------------------

However "gnome-config --libs bonobo" doesn't work... it returns:

-------------
gnome-config --libs bonobo
Unknown library `bonobo'
-------------

"gnome-config --modversion bonobo" doesn't work either.... I get:

---------
gnome-config --modversion bonobo
Unknown library `bonobo'
gnome-libs-1.0.61
---------

BTW this is Redhat 6.2 with the latest HelixCode gnome updated from
yesterday.  What do I have to do to get gnome-config to realize that
Bonobo is really installed.  If I snip the above configure section out
the build still fails so... :(

Kevin
--
Kevin A Burton (burton apache org)