RE: [HC Evolution] Re: libole2 -> gnomevfs backend?

Localizing Evolution and Wombat related data into a file makes things easier
for a user. They can move a file from one machine to another, and they can
back up that one file onto another machine. We're going for ease of use
here; a single file for storage says "I'm your Evolution stuff", but a
directory says "I have a million files in me, and I'm complicated. Edit my
files and you'll mess everything up. Explore me and you'll get confused."

I agree that this is a huge point. Having worked in an MIS department
where Outlook was used throughout the company (or about 1300 people), it
was extremely nice to be able to copy the one .PST file to a new machine
when we needed to. It's generally true that the user won't ever need to go
around mucking with it, but it makes troubleshooting more difficult. For
that reason, it would be nice if we could provide a utility or some such
thing so that someone (either the user or a sysadmin/MIS tech) could go
through it. Of course, if libole2 is added to gnome-vfs, you could
conceivably use Nautilus (or anything else gnome-vfs-enabled) to go
through it.

Joe