[Evolution] Evolution 0.3 "Jellyfish" is released
- From: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore helixcode com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, evolution helixcode com, gnome-list gnome org, evolution-hackers helixcode com
- Subject: [Evolution] Evolution 0.3 "Jellyfish" is released
- Date: 27 Jul 2000 19:19:33 -0100
the crazy monkeys have done it again: a new development snapshot
release of the Evolution groupware suite (0.3, code name "Jellyfish")
Evolution is the GNOME mailer, calendar, and addressbook application.
This is mostly a bugfix release.
You can get the Evolution 0.3 tarball here:
Evolution also requires the latest versions of GtkHTML (0.5),
Bonobo (0.16), OAF (0.4), GNOME VFS (0.2), GConf (0.5),
libunicode (0.4), GNOME Print (0.20) and ORBit (0.5.3).
* Changes since version 0.2
- Pop-up folder selection. (Ettore)
- Added support for multiple views. (Ettore)
- Added support for saving component-specific settings, and
some initial code to save the view's configuration.
- Fixed the Bonobo menu code so that it works with all the
- Lots of IMAP fixes. (Jeff)
- You can use an external setuid/setgid movemail program
(although we don't ship our own yet). If you have one
installed with emacs, the configure script will find
that. Otherwise, you can specify --with-movemail=/path.
- You can toggle HTML/plain text for an individual message
in the composer now. (Ettore)
- Bonobo embedding sort of works again, but there are
problems with size allocation somewhere. Attachments can
now also be handled by external applications. (Dan)
- text/plain mail is now line-wrapped in the mail display,
to deal with people who don't put newlines in their mail.
- Allow user to specify IMAP namespace in the mail config
dialog. (Dan, Jeff)
- Quoted-printable encoder fixes. (Michael Zucchi)
- Various NNTP fixes, include a news pane in the config
dialog. (Chris Toshok)
- Some memory corruption fixes. (Peter Williams)
- Fix for message not being re-drawn as deleted. (Peter
- Moving a message to another folder copies the flags now
- Close signature in HTML mail with </PRE>, not <PRE>, and
default to ~/.signature. (Michael Meeks)
- Fixed some confusing behavior in the message threading
- Improvements to the item selection code. (Chris Lahey)
- Added support for a bunch of iCalendar properties.
- Conduit for synchronizing the calendar with gnome-pilot
(requires gnome-pilot from CVS). (Seth)
- ETable-based to-do list view ("taskpad"), for your viewing
- Conduit for synchronizing the addressbook with gnome-pilot
(requires gnome-pilot from CVS). (Chris Toshok)
- Fixed some random crashes. (Chris Lahey)
- Implemented a vCard Bonobo control so that we can support
inline vCard viewing in the mailer. (Chris Lahey)
- Quick search looks at both the name and the company
name now. (Chris Lahey)
- Added more functionality to the contact editor's toolbar.
- Support for printing single cards. (Chris Lahey)
* Mailing lists
You can subscribe to the Evolution developers list or the
Evolution users list by going to the Evolution home page on
Please note that this is still software in development and should not
be used for production work. We appreciate testers and contributors,
but please remember that Evolution will still be buggy, incomplete,
Thanks to the many people who have sent in suggestions and fixes.
(And of course, this announcement was sent with Evolution. :-))
The Evolution team.
] [Thread Prev