Re: [Evolution] CLI in the GUI

""Tom Musgrove" <TomM pentawall com>" wrote:

Many Unix users desire the efficiency of the CLI, whereas a GUI often has a
much shallower learning curve.  Thus I propose the following...

Yes!

A widget that is the equivalent to the command line, where one enters
commands in it just as any other command line interface.

Can you create a terminal version?  Seriously, I would like
scripting capabilities external to Evolution, no matter what
language it's in.  This way, things can be done unattended by power
users.  Perhaps Evolution and the terminal tool, say "evoctl", could
communicate via a pipe or IPC..  Or, say when Evolution is not
running, evoctl could be a front end to capabilities in Camel.

Caveat:  I am new to Evolution, and some of my ideas might not be
self-consistent or feasible.

Regards,

Sourav Mandal

Sourav K. Mandal

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department of Physics
http://web.mit.edu/smandal/www/

"In enforcing a truth we need severity rather than
efflorescence of language. We must be simple,
precise, terse."

                      -- Edgar Allan Poe,
                        "The Poetic Principle"