[Evolution] locking problem

Hi.

I installed Evolution 0.2 using the Helix updater as root and pointed it to my local mbox (fetchmail grabs from my pop3 servers)  Works great!  But when I use my regular (non-root) account on the same box, using the same type of setup (local mbox), I get an error every time I try to get mail saying that a lock for the /var/spool/mail/myregularuser couldn't be created.

The mailbox is okay, I think - I can use Pine with no trouble.  WHERE is Evolution trying to create the lock file?  I can probably just chmod something to fix this, I think - I just don't know what.

Thanks.
-C