Re: [Evolution] imap subfolders

Yeah, that method may be faster and we may want to do that eventually.
Currently, though, the front-end is not very imap loving :-)
We'll be fixing this as we go... Hopefully by M3 IMAP will be integrated
more smoothly.

Jeff

 Actually I was kidding you, but technically it was
sarcasm. Yep it isn't your code, and I fixed it by
going the full path thinggy a couple of days ago.

 But this led me to: why the heck doesn't starmail of
the very bloated StarOffice spend so much time on my
imap even though I didn't give it any namespace?

 The answer is because it defaults to:

 INBOX, Trash

 and that's it. Now It shows me a list in an option
window so that I could "subscribe" to folders. Exactly
like Netscape news thing. But it somehow is faster
since it doesn't try to download all the folders at
once (like netscape and evolution do) but each when
needed (when a dir is expanded in other words it will
fetch it one level down and stop). I think in the end
this approach is faster.

 Peace

--- Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj helixcode com> wrote:
I don't appreciate the sarcasm especially since this
is not the fault of
my imap code, and you can easily fix this by hand
editing the
~/evolution/config file and appending the correct
namespace to the
"source=" line

eg, mine looks like:
source=imap://fejj trna helixcode com/mail

We may even have this working in the mail-config
code by now, it seems
as
though it was working last night but I have yet to
actually test it
myself.

Hopefully that helps

Jeff

 It's actually working so well, I have to wait
forever
for it to scan my 150Mb home directory  and all
gmc
cache stuff;)

--- Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj helixcode com> wrote:
I'm checking to see if the mailbox name is
"INBOX",
yes. This is because
that is the ONLY folder that doesn't ever have a
namespace. The rest of
the folders I need to prepend the namespace to
before selecting it. And
I have no idea what you're talking about when
you
say "I'm guessing here
that this is why none of the messages in other
folders are being seen."
If it's not working for you then please send me
debug output? This works
for me and everyone else who's tried IMAP in
Evolution recently.

Get Mail has nothing to do with IMAP currently,
we
may at some point
make it so that clicking on Get Mail will reload
the
IMAP folder
summary, but it would be better if I could get
this
working
automatically when we get new mail on the
server.
This is one of the few
parts of IMAP that needs to be coded (other than
disconnected IMAP).

Jeff

Looking at camel-imap-folder.c, I see that you
always check that the
folder name is "INBOX". I'm guessing here that
this is why none of the
messages in other folders are being seen. You
do
this in init,
get_message_count, and some other places. Are
you
sure that the folder
name handling is correct for the else cases
there?

Also, I was trying to find the code for the
"get
mail" button so I could
track down why we're not getting imap mail.
Can
anyone point me in the
right direction? I was looking in
e-shell-view.c
and it looks like it's
the application bar? It that right? And
there's a
proc somewhere for
it(?)...

thanks
michael

--
michael cardenas
mcarde02 fiu edu

=====
H.

Auraghttp://www.geocities.com/h_auragh_aurag yahoo com

Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from
anywhere!
http://mail.yahoo.com/

=====
H. Auraghttp://www.geocities.com/h_auragh_aurag yahoo com