Re: [Evolution] Crash on startup with OAFD error

Well, I have done all of the suggestions I've read so far, but I still get the OAF error, as well as a
camel-ERROR.  I have set the OAF_INFO_PATH to /usr/share/oaf, copied over all the files, and I even deleted
the /tmp/orbit-xxxx files.  No luck!  Any help would be appreciated.

camel-ERROR **: Could not open camel provider directory: No such file or directory
aborting...

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Could not activate component
OAFIID:evolution-shell-component:evolution-mail:d3cb3ed6-a654-4337-8aa0-f443751d6d1b. (Maybe you need to set
OAF_INFO_PATH?)

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:34:16 +0200, Jean-Michel Ardantz said:

I am trying to run Evolution 0.2 on a Linux Mandrake 7.1 system,
 > building RPMs of all the packages apart from GConf (no spec file). After
 > installing everything I tried running evolution, and this error message
 > came up:
 >
 > evolution-shell-WARNING **: Could not activate component
 > OAFIID:evolution-shell-component:evolution-mail:d3cb3ed6-a654-4337-8aa0-f443751d6d1b.
 > (Maybe you need to set OAF_INFO_PATH?)
 >
 > I set OAF_INFO_PATH to /usr/share/oaf; if OAF_INFO_PATH is not set the
 > only difference is that 'trying /usr/share/oaf/' appears before the
 > warning.

 I had a similar problem. I think that the spec file for generating RPM is the
 cause of this problem because no oainfo files where copied into /usr/share/oaf
 for me.

 So i made a manual copy of
 ../mail/evolution-mail.oafinfo
 ../addressbook/gui/component/addressbook.oafinfo
 ../addressbook/gui/component/select-names/evolution-addressbook-select-names.oafinfo
 ../calendar/gui/calendar-control.oafinfo
 ../calendar/gui/evolution-calendar.oafinfo
 ../wombat/wombat.oafinfo

 and now i can launch evolution but i have a crash when i try to access my
 inbox
 "Unable to get folder file://home/light/evolution/local/Inbox: No store
 available for protocol 'mbox'"

 Any help appreciated,
 Jean-Michel