[Evolution] "Sent" folder is corrupted for some reason

I have evolution 0.8 and the sent folder seems to have been corrupted.  It
only contains 4 messages, and 3 of them seem to be corrupt.  When I try to
display one of these messages, it comes up with:

Error while 'Displaying message UID "3"':
Cannot get message: 3 from folder /home/mark/evolution/local/Sent//mbox
  The folder appears to be irrecoverably corrupted.

Now I don't know that I've done anything particularly tricky that
would have caused this.  The only thing is that I have used the "Sent"
folder as one of the sources for a Virtual folder I have.  Perhaps
this has somehow caused problems?

Cheers,

Mark.

--