Re: [Evolution] Big trouble with evo0.8 and RH7

On 25 Dec 2000 11:04:03 -0800, lee wrote:
> Dirk Egert wrote:
>
> > Hello and merry christmas,
> >
> > i have just updated my Linuxbox to RedHat7 and also installed evolution
> > 0.8 .
> > But evolution is not usable for me. Evo 0.6 on Redhat 6.1 was much better!
> > The program crashes very often(maybe a charset problem?).
> > Here are some actions and the displayed output:
> >

> yes merry christmas :-)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> i too have redhat 7 and evo 8 ( rpm ) ......are you using the update through
> helix or cvs?,,mine is rpm via helix update..........
>
> anyway my evo8 isn't quite useable either although i do realize its devel
> stage yes.......
>
> i'm able , unlike yourself,, toget email no issue at all.....but my filters
> aren't "sticking" when i create one........and try to create another....its
> not there and eventually crashes.......
I'm using Redhat 7 and evo 8, but I compiled from source. I find it very useable. No crashes for a couple of days and the emails and filters all work correctly. I do have one email that makes it crash but I don't click on it anymore. I find the filters more powerful and easier to use than Outlook's. I am anxious to try it at work with our exchange server.

I have just installed evo 8 on my laptop using the binaries. I'll let you know if there is a difference in useability.

I agree, it looks to be a realy good software product.

Tom