Re: [Evolution] Two buggies of minor concern

On 20 Dec 2000 09:52:40 +0800, Justin Wake wrote:
On 19 Dec 2000 16:31:11 -0800, Karel P Kerezman wrote:
a) What's with the Incredible Walking Cursor? You know, the bit where
the cursor ends up so far in front of what you're typing that it's
almost off the screen...

The Incredible Walking Cursor problem (nice name for it, btw :-) is
just

your choice of fonts - look in the Gnome control centre, under Document
Handlers->HTML Viewer->Fonts. Mine was set to Helvetica and Courier
(from the Adobe foundry, if I remember correctly) - changing over to
Arial and Lucida Console TrueType fonts I sucked from my '98
installation fixed the problem.

Narf. It worked for me one time but now the problem is (sorta) back.
I've tried setting to Arial and Verdana from my Windows box, and neither
variable-width font is happy. I did notice something odd in the HTML
Viewer capplet. The font buttons use the selected font for their text.
As I set them, the font changes correctly. When I go back to look at the
capplet again, however, the fonts are back to... well, something else.
At this point I'm just going to assume that the gtkhtml code is "in
progress" and await new versions.

--
---
  Karel P Kerezman - IS Admin, Entercom Portland LLC