Re: [Evolution] Locale stuff (I guess?)

On 19 Dec 2000 20:25:05 +0100, Oystein Haare wrote:
After having some problems with evolution not showing norwegian
characters properly, as others also have had, I finally got it working.
However I now have another problem:

Evolution displays norwegian chars ok, but it also behaves as a
norwegian program ;-)
All buttons and menus have norwegian text, and so on... The worst part
is that when I reply to or forward a mail, evolution puts "Den 19 Dec
2000 13:11:06 -0500, skrev :" (some norwegian words in there :) or
"videresendt melding" (norwegian for forwarded message). This is BAD,
i.e. when I mail a person not speaking norwegian.

Does anyone know how I can make evolution behave like a english program,
but still be able to view mails with norwegian characters in them?

You should change the locale from norwegian (no_NO? :) to en_GB or
en_US, and make sure that your system has the locale you're switching to
installed. In Debian, this would mean that you'd edit /etc/locale.gen
and then run locale-gen (as root). Edit /etc/environment as you've done
already (as you see norwegian..)

I wonder: could the language used in Evolution be selected from GDM
login?

Markus