RE: [Evolution] huge RPMs

Most users who download binary RPMs -do- know how to use bug-buddy, which
uses gdb to get stack traces. With an application that is as complex as
Evolution, if the developer can't reproduce the problem from a report, a
bug report without a stack trace is nearly useless.

We provide our RPMs unstripped because it makes out lives easier; it
allows us to track down bugs more quickly and reduces development
time. The other option is to download and build from source. I'm sorry you
have to pay by the minute, but this isn't going to change before 1.0; it
just doesn't make sense.

OK, but do people who use binary rpms really need libgal.a, which
is 14 MB (from gal-devel-0.4.1-0_helix_1.i386.rpm)?