Re: [Evolution] Problems with mail display

On 18 Dec 2000 14:50:35 +0100, José Manuel Nunes wrote:

With the .8 preview I can't correctly read a mail including non ascii
chars. The displays stops at the last non ascii char and resumes (it
seems to me) only after a newline or line break.
I've read on the list something about changing font types and also
changing locales and tried several options but without success.
In case it mathers I'm on a debian potato with a 2.2.17 and installing
via  apt-get.

I'm having same kind of problems, and tried the locale-changing, but the
problem prevails.

I tried changing the locale to fi_FI (I'm in Finland), en_GB and en_US,
but they all behave the same: when I try to input an 8-bit character,
the cursor does not move. Still, a backspace is needed to return the
cursor to the position where it was before typing! So, something does
happen, the character just doesn't display correctly?

I also use Debian, could this be just a font-issue in current woody?
(if yes, could someone point out the correct font packages needed for
8-bit support... :)

8-bit characters work elsewhere in Gnome, Evo is the only app having
"problems"...

At last, I'll type some characters which I can't see on the following
line:
äöäöåäöåäöå
..back again.

thanks to all Evolution enhancers out there!
Markus

Thank you all.