RE: [Evolution] IMAP folders, dotfiles, etc.

On 16 Dec 2000 03:54:49 +0500, Michael Rothwell wrote:
Sigh... since updating to Evo 0.6, I get this:

Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!

Non-GTK apps don't have the problem (or at least, don't give a shm error). Running glimmer over a named
pipe with the aqua theme sucks, speed-wise...

Does anyone know of a solution to this?

  This is not Evolution's fault; your machine is running out of shared
memory segments.  Restarting the GNOME session will fix this problem.

  Unfortunately, this is a general problem with GDK and GdkPixbuf; they
need a lot of memory segments for doing rendering of images on the
screen.  I believe newer versions of GDK/GTK+ are going to fix this.

--
Ettore