[Evolution] vFolder criteria not working

I'm trying to create a vFolder for all the misc msgs I get....it's the
only folder which has more
than 1 criteria.   I'm specified Subject "does not contain" "xxx",
Sender "does not contain" "yyy" with actions "if any criteria are met"
chosen.

This vfolder filters out one of those criteria but not the other.   Am I
doing something wrong, or is this just Evolution right now?

I have noticed that when creating a new vfolder, that I had to exit Evo,
then reenter for the vfolder filter to work.

regs
rupert