Re: [Evolution] authentication

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, NotZed wrote:

Sounds awful/impractical, but i cant think of anything
better unfortunately.

E.g. pop will normally require 2 strings.  -> Yucky yucky interface.

A possible good interface for this would be to build a structure
description and send that across?  For instance, we could just add a LIST
type to the list of available types (as well as string or password string
and so on.) Then the shell would build a GUI based on that structure.
Thus for POP (if I know the two strings you're talking about) we would get
an interface like:

User Name: clahey____
Password:  ****______

Would this be the ideal GUI?