Re: [Evolution] Camel Folder api review

On another note, i'm not sure how a messages 'flags' are
supposed to be set.  The folder implements the flags, but
the only setting function is on the messages;

That's wrong then. The setting function should be on the folder.

/*    change to a bitmask
      GList *permanent_flags; */

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by changing it to a bitmask. I
don't think we should hardcode the set of flags available if that's
part of what you're implying.

      /* change these to a bitmask (or maybe bitfields) */
      gboolean can_hold_folders;

I don't think making them a bitmask/bitfields would really help
anything. This isn't where we're going to be using up memory.

/* it would be nice if this were typesafe (GLists suck) */
      GList *  (*list_subfolders)   (CamelFolder *folder,
                                     CamelException *ex);

You could make it return an array of whatever.

That interface should go away and be replaced with the one currently
in CamelFolderSummary though (or something like it) so you don't have
to fetch all of the folders at once if there are a million of them.

I agree with all of the other comments.

-- Dan