Re: [evolution-kolab-devel] Evolution Kolab plugin fails

Hi,

Am Montag 02 Juli 2012, um 14:04:10 schrieb fastumzug fastmail fm:
> Hi,
>
> still no success ?!

Not yet, unfortunately. The race for 3.6 is on, and our resources are
very much limited, I'm afraid.

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012, at 22:55, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> > I'm yet to update docs/manuals/INSTALL-notes in the evolution-kolab
> > source tree, which describes the manual (non-packaged) installation
> [...]
> > further information once I've pushed the update.
>
> I checked the EvoKolab 3.4.3 plugin out. I read your new install manual
> and it went quite well. I could instantly install everything without
> error! The plugin files are at it's place and I chmoded them like all
> the other file's chmod (the installation always sets the them to chmod
> 755?!)

That's fine so far.

> I suppose that it's only a small issue and it's fixable easily. Which
> information do you need in helping me to fix this issue? I really want
> to use the plugin.

I've dug into the problem far enough to tell that this is no minor thing.
There is a problem with the registering of the GType of the main IMAP class
for the Kolab2 provider. It is very much interesting that this does not
happen when the E-D-S/Evolution/evolution-kolab software stack is all custom-
built.

Could you possibly find out the autogen/configure flags Ubuntu uses in 12.10
to build Evolution and E-D-S when packaging?

Kind regards,

        Christian

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48