Re: [evolution-kolab-devel] Tasks: 5. try - client generated xml data in imap folder

Hi Jens,

Am Freitag 26 August 2011, um 12:44:44 schrieb Jens Getreu:
> Hello Christian,
>
> On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 10:51 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> > Is it possible for you to export the TODO in question from Horde and send
> > it to this list? We could then check whether evolution-kolab chokes on
> > that data (-->bug) or whether you're suffering from EDS timeouts.
>
> Attached you will find sample user data from my imap server folder. The
> horde generated xml look quite different from the evolution ones. Maybe
> the horde xml crashes the evolution-kolab plugin?

Horde is known to generate Kolab XML which, under certain circumstances, can
be pretty much off-spec (Kolab XML format specification, that is). However,
with the Horde PIM mail at hand, I had no trouble. We have a bunch of
testcases with Horde generated XML to test the data conversion part. So, I've
copied the email as-is into a notes Kolab IMAP folder using a different IMAP
client, expecting some sort of trouble triggered by this Horde XML file. But
instead of any problems, I was able to read it with evolution-kolab just fine
by down-syncing it from the server, no crashes, neither while syncing nor
while displaying in Evolution.

The Horde mail payload data (the kolab.xml part) is base64-encoded, hence the
funny look. Maybe Horde does this by default. evolution-kolab does base64
encoding only if the payload data cannot be encoded in pure ascii. base64 is
just fine, even if it was not strictly necessary to use this encoding.

Sorry, still no luck. You should monitor the EDS output to see what is
actually happening when accessing the Kolab PIM folders. Without that, I'm
afraid, there's no chance to find out why evolutoin-kolab chokes for you.

Kind regards,

	Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48
D-57072 Siegen