Re: [evolution-kolab-devel] bug report: evolution-kolab doesnotrecognize imap folders

Hi Jens,

Am Montag 22 August 2011, um 15:30:31 schrieb Jens Getreu:
> Hello Christian,
>
> is finally managed to install the native Debian version of kolab
> (kolabd verison 2.2.4-20100624-4).

Kolab 2(.2.4) is the best choice for testing evolution-kolab, so you should be
good to go here.

> Then I started evolution from a new accout (evolution 2.30.3-5)
> with evolution-kolab 0.2.1. As you can see in the attached logfile
> there are still a lot of error messages...
>
> In evolution I can see my kolab account, but not the folders Kalender,
> Aufgaben... I tested to create a folder named "Kalender" which
> evolution refused saying that the folder exists.

You will not "see" the Kolab PIM folders in the Evolution frontend, only the
Email folders will be shown.

> Knowing this I created a remote kolab calenar "Kalender" and restarted
> evolution. The calendar shows up, but it is empty. I can not create any
> objects. Same for tasks and contacts.

You will need to set up the PIM folders (events, notes tasks, contacts) for
accessing them through Evolution. This is done via the "New" entry in the
respective Evolution view (select "kolab2" as the type for the new address
book / calendar / task list / memo list).

Are you sure you carefully read and followed the configuration procedure as
outlined in the evolution-kolab user manual (you can get it from the project's
"Files" section at SourceForge)?

Kind regards,

	Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48