Re: [evolution-kolab-devel] Problems compiling kolab-evolution

On Sunday 31 October 2010 Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Hi there,

Hi Christoph,

welcome to the evolution-kolab-devel mailinglist. :-)

> as I'm a long time evolution user I thought I'd build snapshot packages of
> kolab-evolution for my favorite distribution Fedora. The first problem was
> that we are alreay using gmime-2.5 and I had to patch configure.ac.
> However the second problem is not so trivial. Fedora 14 comes with
> evolution 2.32 and there seem to be some problems with
> evolution-data-server.
> [...]

evolution-kolab is currently being developed against evolution-2.30.3 (will
probably follow to 2.30.4 after it's release). We're presently puzzling things
together and there is still much code to be written before our evolution-kolab
plugin will be usable. We're building up the infrastructure right now, so no
Kolab functionality as yet. You guess, we're working on it. :-)

  The current status of the project is still pre-alpha, but compilation tests
are always welcome. A port to a recent version of Evolution is in the
plannings, but our first release will target 2.30 (we needed to settle on
stable ground when starting out with the project and there was too much change
going on in the then-development version of Evo, which is now 2.32).

> P.S.: Am I really the first person to send mail to evolution-kolab-devel?

Yes. :-)

Best regards,

	Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen
http://www.kernelconcepts.de/