Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-persist: background notification extension module for Evolution

On Fri, 2022-02-04 at 01:04 +0800, Hu Jialun wrote:
I have just put together an Evolution extension to keep evolution
running in the background after all windows are closed

        Hi,
good job. I know people sometimes look for a similar plugin and claim
the alternatives do not work these days.

... or through the mailing list.

Ehm, do you mean this mailing list? I do not think anybody here is
going to fix bugs in any third-party software. It's a bad idea to
"hijack" mailing list used for the core Evolution projects development
(count in evolution-data-server, evolution, evolution-ews and
evolution-mapi), everything else is considered third-party and should
use its own bug tracker and other communication channels. Look on it as
with the evolution-on you mentioned. It's not tight to this mailing
list at all and it should not be.

You can subscribe to the evolution-list instead, which is meant for the
users, and check messages there, in case the users would claim any
problem with your plugin, but asking them to use either of these two
mailing lists is not a good idea. The first answer to their claims
would be: use bug tracker of your 3rd-party plugin, because it's not an
official plugin and it is not maintained by the upstream/Evolution
team.
        Bye,
        Milan