[Evolution-hackers] Shedding some light on evolution-data-server's #ESourceRegistryWatcher

Hey everyone!

I've been having some trouble trying to capture the "add/remove task list" events in evolution-data-server and I was hoping that you could perhaps clear some things up for me.

1) Here's a barebone #ESourceRegistryWatcher implementation in gjs (returns no errors) which DOESN'T WORK (i.e. _onAppeared and _onDisappeared methods aren't executed upon task list addition/removal): https://paste.gnome.org/pboxc98jo
2) Here's a similar WORKING approach that combines #ESourceRegistryWatcher and ESourceRegistry::source-added signal (which captures all types of #ESources): https://paste.gnome.org/phr0crkit

The reason to combine them here is not clear to me, but without the watcher (i.e. if I removed line 27 in https://paste.gnome.org/phr0crkit), registry.connect('source-added'...) wouldn't work either.

Here's my main question: is there anything obviously wrong with what I have in #1?

Thanks for the help,
Juozas