[Evolution-hackers] Fetching S/MIME Certificates from LDAP

Hi,

I am trying to get evolution 3.22.6 on Cent OS 7 to pull S/MIME certificates from an LDAP server.

There is a discussion thread from 2014 (https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-hackers/2014-October/msg00000.html) that suggests support was coming soon.

When I look up a contact from LDAP, the certificate pane for the contact has their X.509 certificate.  But when I compose a message to that contact, I get the "Cannot find certificate for 'contact@address'" error message when sending.

Trying to figure out if it should work and I have something wrong, or if support for this feature never made it into the stable release.

Thanks