Re: [Evolution-hackers] Automatically start services from install path

On Thu, 2018-12-13 at 02:47 +0100, Marek Howard via evolution-hackers
wrote:
Is there any way to build evolution to make it automatically start
the required services from correct installed path on startup, just like the
system installed Evolution does?

        Hi,
it's not about Evolution build, it's about setting D-Bus to search for
the built services, not for system services. The text in the referenced
wiki page didn't want to come into too much detail in this regard,
there are better articles how to setup D-Bus with it. The .service
files are installed into $PREFIX/share/dbus-1/services/, which is the
path you want to tell D-Bus to look for the services first. That D-Bus
doesn't know about these .service files is the reason why it starts
system-installed services when you run built Evolution. There can be
some differences when also systemd files are involved, but I'm not sure
what to do with it off head, I'd search the same as you might search
the web, if you (or the system-installed evolution-data-server) use
systemd.
        Bye,
        Milan