Re: [Evolution-hackers] Account autoconfiguration/autodiscover

On Tue, 2016-03-01 at 09:22 +0100, Tobias Mueller wrote:
Hm. GSoC is 12 weeks or so. And the intern would probably be
completely unaware of Evolution's codebase.  Do you think that's
feasible, still?

        Hi,
I'd be afraid a bit. See below.

How about a separate tool that will then set up your evolution
accounts..?

The only difference would be that you run a separate application,
instead of an integrated tool within the application. Thus the way you
call the "function". All the rest would be the same. Thus no win to
write a separate application, instead of a built-in code. Of course, it
can start as a separate application, but would end in the evolution
code base anyway.

Could anybody mentor such a project at all?

I guess so, but honestly, the current main priority for 3.22 is to port
evolution to webkit2. It's a huge change and I expect some fallouts of
it. I could be a mentor, but I cannot promise a full focus on it, which
it might need. Thus I'd prefer to postpone the work on the
autodiscover. I also have other things which I'd like to do before it,
which I have in my todo pile longer that this. Maybe the webkit2 port
will not be a big issue, but I prefer to not have tight schedules and
so on.

        Bye,
        Milan