Re: [Evolution-hackers] Additions required to the AppData file

On Fri, 2015-11-27 at 06:28 -0800, Richard Hughes (semi-automated)
wrote:
So, what do I want you to do? Basically, I would like you to:

Add the following data into evolution-spamassassin
Add the following data into evolution-bogofilter
Add the following data into evolution.appdata.xml

        Hi,
I committed those as:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/commit/?id=30e6ffc

I added also <kudo>UserDocs</kudo> into the Evolution's appdata file,
because it has a user documentation.

What about the <kudo>RecentRelease</kudo>, it applies to the evolution
products (they follow GNOME release cadence), but I dind't get from
your document whether it's just one of the kudos which the distribution
sets, not the software itself.

Add the following data into evolution-mapi
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-mapi/commit/?id=c54b87c

 Add the following data into evolution-ews
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-ews/commit/?id=bd6bbce

I'm wondering whether that "ModernToolkit" is relevant for the addons,
because those addons cannot run without the evolution (or other
client). I added them anyway.

I also tried the `appstream-util validate` on the result files, and the
evolution's appdata file has missing <summary/> and <name/>, but as
neither gedit has them, I didn't add them. I also noticed with this
tool that it doesn't like <project_license>LGPL</project_license>. I do
not understand why or what it expects there for the LGPL. I tried
`licensecheck` on the evolution-data-server/camel and it reports plain
LGPL there too, thus I'd expect that the `appstream-util validate`
would understand it as well. This is with libappstream-glib-0.5.1-
2.fc23.x86_64.

        Bye,
        Milan