Re: [Evolution-hackers] [evolution-data-server: WebDAV] Get list of all calendars for user

Hey,

On Thu, 2015-05-14 at 13:31 +0200, Alexis Maiquez Murcia wrote:
I'm actually helping to develop the "Maya" calendar project (
https://launchpad.net/maya ). Maya is the default calendar that comes
with ElementaryOS. We have already implemented support for individual
WebDAV-based calendars (it was fairly easy using evolution-data-server
and libedataserver) but is not so easy with multiple-calendar users AND
google users. I want users to be able to select what calendars they
wants to sync and add support to sync google calendar in the same way
(multiple-or-single calendar syncs).

So my two questions are:
-Is there any way to retrieve a calendars list with libedataserver for
WebDAV-based users?
-Is there any specific way to connect to Google Calendar through
libedataserver and sync those calendars too? (the WebDAV method is
considered insecure by google)

It’s probably worth mentioning that libgdata[1] can list your Google
Calendars, and has recently been upgraded to support v3 of the Google
API (the latest).

*However*, if you can achieve what you want with CalDAV and the methods
given by Milan, I would strongly suggest going with that. It allows for
more code re-use, and the EDS CalDAV code is more mature than libgdata.

In any case, please report bugs (to EDS[2] or libgdata[3]) for any
missing features you require, so that the amount of code we can share is
maximised. :-)

Philip

[1]: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/libgdata
[2]: