Re: [Evolution-hackers] e-d-s build problems

On Mon, 2014-09-29 at 19:03 +0200, schaarsc wrote:
works for me. Thanks!

        Hi,
nice, I committed it as 60d719f for 3.13.7+.
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/commit/?id=60d719f

I think I have seen this before, it happens the first time evo with a
new e-d-s version as a backend tries to access the addressbook. I
don't know how to reproduce it and it could be related to my test
system having a mix of evo/e-d-s old and new libraries (that's why I
haven't reported it as a bug).

The next time you get into that, try to make sure that no other
evolution D-Bus service is running before you run the compiled code.
The `ps ax | grep evolution` should not show anything but grep. This
gets tricky under gnome-shell, which restarts evolution-calendar-
factory when it disappears, which in turn starts evolution-source-
registry and, depending on your setup, can start evolution-addressbook-
factory too (that's for the Birthdays & Anniversaries calendar).

I also run git master (3.13) on a machine with installed 3.10.4. I do
not recall seeing any such issue myself, but maybe your use case is
valid and exhibits some corner-case bug. I'd also watch the console of
evolution, and apparently try to run evolution-addressbook-factory
from a console too, which can show few more details. You can do it
like this:
   /usr/local/libexec/evolution-addressbook-factory -w
This might require to start evolution-source-registry first, thus the
factory connects to the correct (up to date) D-Bus service.
        Bye,
        Milan