Re: [Evolution-hackers] Imminent critical SSL problem in evolution 3.10

On Wed, 2014-10-29 at 07:56 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2014-10-27 at 10:00 -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
OK, I reopened it as incomplete.  You can't close it as FIXED when it
isn't upstream in the gnome tree because that's going to cause
massive
confusion: a package maintainer reading the bugzilla list is going to
think they're getting the fix from the 3.10 branch when, in fact,
they're not.  If there's some reason not to incorporate the distro
patch
into the 3.10 fixes branch, then close it as WONTFIX with reference
the distro patch.

        Hi,
we look on the same thing in a different ways. My point of view:
the *current* stable version is 3.12.x (right now 3.12.7). This
current stable version doesn't suffer of the issue described for 3.10
version.

well, I know this, I run 3.12 as well.  That's why the bugzilla is
opened against 3.10.x.  To close it as fixed becuase it's not a problem
in 3.12.x is a brazen lie.

 It's not my fault that your distribution uses obsolete
evolution version; I do not have any influence on it. The bug as such
is fixed, in the *current* stable version. The 3.10 is dead for the
upstream. Nonetheless, my intention was to provide a fix for such
distributions anyway, in a way I chose. I'm not going to commit the
patch to the gnome-3-10 branch, I do not like to add changes into dead
branches, where no releases will be done.

Fine so close it as WONTFIX if you're not maintaining a 3.10.x fixes
branch ... it's not rocket science.

James