Re: [Evolution-hackers] custom labels

On Mon, 2014-05-26 at 16:30 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
So you mean something like TYPE=X-<user entered string>? The problem
would be to distinguish between "X-FOOBAR as a TYPE extensions" and
"X-FOOBAR as user entered text".

X-ABLabel avoids that by introducing a new parameter.

        Hi,
it seemed more natural to use the TYPE, because it is what it is (or
sounds to be). With an extra parameter you can have:

   TEL:Type=Work;X-ABLabel=Home:1234560789

My idea of UI change in the Contact editor was to allow entering any
value in the combo which currently consists of "Work", "Home",
"Other" (for emails; phone numbers have many more values). The combo
selection influences the TYPE parameter.

Anyway, I'm fine with a split too, this was only an idea. The split
might not be a big issue for Evolution.
        Bye,
        Milan