Re: [Evolution-hackers] looking for a bit of help with a build failure

On Mon, 2014-05-05 at 13:31 +0000, Reid Thompson wrote:
ugh - Thank you for the help Milan, and sorry for the noise.  Your
request to ask for --debug information led me to the answer.  pkg-config
responded that --debug was an unknown option, which led me to discover
that my distro had defaulted to installing

     Homepage:            https://github.com/pkgconf/pkgconf

rather than

     Homepage:            http://pkgconfig.freedesktop.org/wiki/

once I corrected that, things appeared as they should.

Again, thank you, and sorry for the noise.

        Hi,
no problem at all, I'm happy you figured that out. You might tell them
(probably both to your distribution and to the replacement developers)
that their compatibility level suffers of these issues. Once they will
fix it, the things will work again even with the replacement.
        Bye,
        Milan