Re: [Evolution-hackers] WebKit based Evolution composer status and future

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Tomas Popela <tpopela redhat com> wrote:
Hi Evolution hackers,
as some of you probably know, I'm continuing with work on new Evolution
composer based on WebKit (WebKit1) and I want to share with you the
current status and the future of new composer.

Hi Tomas,

first of all, I would like to personally thank you for your efforts on webkit-composer.

What the composer really needs right now is testing. It needs a lots of
testing. The currently opened bugs against WebKit based composer can be
found in [1]. If you will open a new bug against new composer (and I
really hope you will) please prefix its summary with [webkit-composer].
In the
time of creation of this mail (03/16/2014) the new composer lacks the
support for Undo and Redo and broken plain text part in
multipart/alternative when sending HTML mail (working on this right
now). These are the major issues that we know about and if there are
more issues I really hope that you will help me hunting them. One tip
for spotting bugs, if you will see red star somewhere in composer and
you will be able to reproduce process to show it in the composer please
report it as something went wrong during save and restore of the caret
position.

I think it's in a very usable state except some annoyances which I have already filed as bug report. I'm a bit busy with family and work travel these days so could not get to more bug finding. I'll be back to daily use and bug reporting asap.

Regarding the future of WebKit based Evolution composer I'm proposing
this: merge webkit-composer branch into master when the 3.12 release
will be branched and continue to work on it in master branch.

If this is merged to master after 3.12, it would be great!

Br,
Emre