Re: [Evolution-hackers] EDS integration is broken in Gnome-panel's (3.8.x) clock-applet

Hi, are you sure Ubuntu 14.04 ships evolution-data-server 3.8? I strongly doubt it, it's two years old version now. You may report this to the Gnome-Flashback project, rather than to GNOME's gnome-panel, and they should be able to give you more info what's going on - supposing the Gnome-Flashback project is actively maintained.

I am sorry. What I meant was that, it doesn't work with EDS-3.8, EDS-3.10 & EDS-3.12 (with gnome-panel 3.8.x). However it does work with EDS-3.6 (with gnome-panel 3.6.x). It has stopped working somewhere between 3.6 & 3.8....gnome-panel was not maintained in this period & it was before the birth of Gnome-Flashback project.(BTW, By default Ubuntu 14.04 has EDS-3.10).

I already filed a bug to launchpad but Dimitry, one of flashback project maintainer, said he lacks in code-knowledge to debug this. That is why I asking here to find someone who can.I will try to ping Albert (most active developer for panel) about this...may be he can tell what's happening.

I used to debug clock with "gdb gnome-clock-applet-mechanism" but that method was depreciated & "gnome-panel --replace" doesn't throw any error.

ny detail matters. Simple "it doesn't work" really doesn't work in every means. Is it that you do not see any evens from local (On This Computer) calendars/tasks, or from those authenticated, like CalDAV? Do you know whether the version the Gnome-Flashback uses has Matthew's patch included or not? Bye, Milan

It doesn't show any events for both,local & online calendars (caldav. google etc.). The appointment & task window-section is simply missing...see the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/6UCa6Zt.png

Matthew provided the patch for Gnome-panel-3.6. The version I am using is Gnome-panel-3.8 & the patch is included.

Yes, it could be a bug in gnome-panel, but looking at the all the release notes (& commits) for gnome-panel since 3.6.x, I could not find any significant changes made to clock-applet which could be responsible for this. Panel 3.8 is basically same as 3.6 with minor bug-fixes & patches.

Thanks.