Re: [Evolution-hackers] EBookSqlite support for EWS

On Fri, 2014-08-22 at 17:04 -0500, David Woodhouse wrote:

ยน Seriously, it *was* an accident. I thought I needed to port to
  EBookSqlite to make cursors work, which I need for Yuuma's PKCS#11
  module. But EBookBackendSqliteDB can do cursors anyway, so I didn't
  need to do the conversion. Not that it's not worthwhile anyway...

Hm, actually I think maybe it *is* necessary. Sure, we have
e_book_backend_sqlitedb_cursor_new() but we can't make an
EDataBookCursor out of that. Commit a8e5f5c0 ported
EDataBookCursorSqlite over to be based on EBookSqlite and now it doesn't
work for EBookBackendSqliteDB any more.

But that's OK; I've done the port to EBookSqlite now anyway. And as an
added bonus, as it migrates to the new database format I can add new
summary fields. With the new PKCS#11 module we're *really* going to want
e_book_query_field_exists(E_CONTACT_X509_CERT) to be fast.

Unfortunately, we only support boolean and string fields in the summary;
we can't just add E_CONTACT_X509_CERT to the list of summary fields.

Although actually, all I *wanted* was a boolean. I didn't really want
the whole of the cert data to be duplicated in the summary; I only
wanted a boolean indication that the cert was *present*...

Tristan, any ideas on how best to handle this?

--
dwmw2