Re: [Evolution-hackers] Reconsidering our release cycle

On Thu, 2013-07-25 at 06:42 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
... even it brings more work to us. For a good reason, of course.

By the way, it also means that any so-called white-space cleanups, which
I always understood as a one-time job, not a multiple-times-per-releases
job, should either stop completely (we have our code under control, do
we not? [1]) or be done only once, just before the major release. I was
just beaten by this when applying a patch from master to gnome-3-8, it
was quite painful and discouraging to apply the patch by hand.

        Bye,
        Milan

[1] The "script" introduces coding style bugs too, which should be
fixed. I noticed multiple times that it uses 8 spaces instead of tabs
for function parameters indentation, but the evolution code uses tabs
for indentation. It doesn't make me laugh when I see a "white-space
cleanup" change being mostly about this nonsense in the code I just
wrote and made sure I follow the coding style guide for evolution code.