Re: [Evolution-hackers] Reconsidering our release cycle

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:
I don't think that makes sense. As Fabiano points out, Evo and EDS are
*very* closely tied. Even in the *stable* branch in 3.8.4 there are
fixes for EDS/EWS which require corresponding fixes in Evo.

Breaking the close version ties with the rest of GNOME makes sense, but
not between Evo and EDS.

It is my wish, we could decouple EDS & Evolution releases to start
building API/ABI stability into EDS. I don't have strong objects to
EDS having yearly releases. Im not saying that we wont/cant' to
backporting fixes and re-releasing for minor/micro releases. We should
be able to go back at least 2 GNOME releases. This is required kind of
required if you want to avoid  'adapting to 3.6  EDS'  like commits in
EWS/LibreOffice/SyncEvolution/*

-Srini