Re: [Evolution-hackers] Reconsidering our release cycle

On Wed, 2013-07-24 at 10:59 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Wed, 2013-07-24 at 02:54 +0200, Fabiano FidĂȘncio wrote:

I also fully agree with your suggestion.

As we have discussed, users are reporting bugs against 3.8.x now and
they will need to wait at least 6 months before they get a fix in
3.10.x. I mean, from the stability point of view it would be great if
we have a larger window to work, test and correct our mistakes..

Am I the only one who fixes bugs and implements features on the
gnome-3-8 branch, then commits, cherry-picks that to master, and *then*
cherry-picks it back to gnome-3-8 (with the -x option) to make it look
like it happened in master first?

        Hi,
I'd say "double yes":
1) yes, I do develop new things in master first, then backport to stable
   branch (it's sometimes only about applying, sometimes real backport)
2) yes, most likely because stable branches are feature-frozen (plus
   couple more freezes), thus you violate a policy by doing new features
   there. :) Of course, one may define what a new feature is in
   the first place.
        Bye,
        Milan