Re: [Evolution-hackers] UI interaction from book/calendar backends

On Thu, 2012-11-22 at 13:04 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> Actually I don't think evolution-source-registry requires GTK+.  If it's
> the password dialog you're thinking of, we only link to gcr-base-3 which
> speaks via D-Bus to the process actually showing the password dialog.
>
> I'm not sure if evolution-source-registry is ultimately the right place
> for user interfaces, but I can't think of a better solution at present.
>
> I have a few requests, though:
>
> 1) Write this as a ESourceRegistryServer extension, and just link to
>    GTK+ from the extension module.  That way it's easily removable if
>    the Tizen folks don't want it, or they want to implement their own
>    version using Qt.

Qt is so old-fashioned MeeGo - HTML5 rulez in Tizen! >:->

Thanks for keeping this in mind. I thing it is just good engineering and
will hopefully also turn out to be useful outside of Tizen, which - just
to avoid any confusion - does not use EDS at the moment and might never
do. I'm bringing it up as an example of a distro where compiling EDS is
hard at the moment because of the GTK dependency - there might be other,
similiary limited platforms.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly