[Evolution-hackers] PHOTO uri + escaping

Hello!

I am seeing an issue where the Synthesis engine doesn't parse a vCard
with PHOTO;VALUE=uri the same way as libebook's
e_contact_inline_local_photo() does.

The vCard has:

PHOTO;VALUE=uri:file:///home/nightly/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/130
 3826927.6946.21@mob-sync2/photos/pas_id_4F511ADB0000000F_photo-file0.image
 %252FGIF

The actual file name is:
/home/nightly/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/1303826927.6946.21@mob-sync2/photos/pas_id_4F521E7A0000000F_photo-file0.image%2FGIF

Note that %2FGIF was encoded as %252FGIF in the vCard.

The Synthesis engine does no decoding of the %25 before trying to read
the file. I think this is a bug, and I take full credit, eh, blame for
it as I added that too simplistic URI handling code ;-)

However, why does the file name end in %2FGIF in the first place? It
would be much more readable to just use .GIF.

That notwithstanding, of course I intend to fix the bug in the Synthesis
engine.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly