Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution-data-server offline handling

On Fri, 2012-02-03 at 21:27 +0000, Philip Withnall wrote:
> This sounds good. Do I have to make any fixes to the Google Contacts
> address book backend, or will it all be handled centrally? (i.e. With
> this GNetworkMonitor change, will there be any bugs left in the Google
> backend’s handling of online/offline status?)

The EBackend base class already has an "online" boolean property.
Backend modules just have to honor it.

For 3.4 we can just bind it to GNetworkMonitor:network-available if
linking to GLib >= 2.31.

For 3.6 I'd like to have each EBackend manage its own "online" state by
calling g_network_monitor_can_reach() in response to "network-changed"
signals from GNetworkMonitor.  Then we get VPN awareness for free!

In either case it's all handled in the base class.

Matt