[Evolution-hackers] evo 3.5.91 git head doesn't appear to be storing/

in my latest build of git head, evo doesn't seem to be storing or not
retrieving some configuration settings.  -- I get the 'development'
popup each time i startup, it doesn't remember that I ticked the don't
show again box.  Evo starts up in a default size that is small for my
desktop.  It doesn't remember my default account.  Doesn't remember my
external editor configuration, etc.

is there a setting location/file or something that I can/need to reset?

thanks,
reid